Believe it or not, having a product that is truly incredible and groundbreaking, or offering something at a very low price. Can actually present a problem for marketers, business owners, and executives. That’s because we live in a world where the buying public is very skeptical. The bigger your claim, the harder it is for them to believe it. Even if doing so would make their lives and careers better.
With that in mind, here are five ways you can overcome customer skepticism to promote a truly exceptional product or service:
1. Show them the science. Technology moves at such a fast pace these days that we have everyday objects that would’ve been unimaginable even 20 years ago. Explain to buyers why you’ve made a breakthrough and they’ll have an easier time purchasing.
2. Share expert opinions. In the same way, a review that comes from a trusted authority outside of your own company can be a powerful way to build credibility.
3. Show off customer testimonials. The more you can prove that what you sell has worked for someone else, the easier it is for others to take a leap of faith.
4. Keep gathering new reviews. If you have verifiable feedback from dozens or hundreds of buyers, then new customers can tell if your product or service is legitimate.
5. Give a money-back guarantee. This way, there isn’t any risk to the buyer. And, if your product is truly great, there’s very little risk to your company, either.
Try these tips for overcoming buyer skepticism and building credibility.