Although a lot of marketers pay more attention than they should to the size of their social network following, and not enough to the quality of their context and content, the fact remains that it’s tough to make Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus a big part of your marketing if you don’t have any followers.
With that in mind, here are our top five tips for growing your social media network:
1. Fill in your profile. The more people can see about you, either personally or as a company, the easier it is for them to decide to be a part of your network.
2. Stay active on social media. Lots of updates tell potential contacts that you are involved and engaged, and that they might learn something by following you.
3. Participate in groups and discussions. These are where the most relevant business conversations are going to take place, not to mention the best place to find new potential customers on social media sites.
4. Personalize your introductions. No one likes generic messages that come with contact requests, so take a few seconds to explain why you want to know someone up front.
5. Keep persevering. Most marketers don’t accumulate lots and lots of followers quickly. Commit to a long-term plan and stick with it.
Need more great social media marketing advice that applies directly to your business and situation? Contact Marcy Design today and let us show you what our team of experts can do for you.