Top Ten Ideas
Solving real marketing issues requires a fresh look at your business. Listed below is a 'Top Ten' list of new marketing ideas to get your business going in the right direction. Get excited and be open to thinking outside the box.
10. Develop extensions of your product or service lines. If you have a successful product or service line, develop additional streams of revenue by extending the product and service line. For example: if you sell a particular product, explore the need for a possible used version of that same product. Or extend the life of your product by offering a warranty or service contract.
9. Survey existing customers. How do your customers really feel about your products and services? Say in touch with your customers through informal lunches or a professionally coordinated survey campaign. A survey is an excellent way to take the pulse of your customers. Your survey should include detailed questions about your products and services and how they directly benefit the customer.
8. The customer is always right… always. A lot of businesses take this saying for granted. They assume that their company abides by this rule but we all know of horror stories about some business that we have bought from and how we were treated. Make a point to solve any problems that a customer might have immediately. Satisfied customers turn into repeat, long-term customers.
7. Develop a new brand identity. Brand identity is how customers and prospects view your business. And believe it or not, most companies do not know what their customers think about their products and services. Once you know what customers are thinking, it is an easy step to providing what they need.
6. Take an old customer out to lunch. When is the last time you called an old reliable customer out of the blue? Now is the time to ask them out to lunch. During lunch, touch base with them about their personal life as well as business matters.
5. Be positive in your outlook. Nothing is more important than how you feel about yourself and what you do for a living. If you have a positive attitude about your job, you will succeed by transferring that enthusiasm to other employees, customers and prospects.
4. Make a list of your strengths. Now would be the right time to list the strengths of your business. Are you the low price leader? Is your business the most experienced? Do you have the highest quality product or service? Try to list between 50 and 100 different and measurable strengths. This is a great exercise to develop new ideas for your marketing campaigns
3. Establish an annual marketing budget. It’s a good idea to establish an annual marketing budget. Your budget should include a breakdown of all marketing costs including printing and advertising placement. Include the marketing budget as a part of the marketing plan in order to measure the results of your company’s spending. This enables you to determine what works and what doesn’t. A good rule of thumb for your marketing budget is 3% to 5% of annual sales. Retail businesses need to budget 7% to 10% of annual sales for their marketing budgets.
2. Develop a solid marketing plan. The first step after hiring a professional marketing firm such as Marcy Design is to develop a marketing plan. Think of this plan as a “road map” to success. Your marketing plan should include measurable goals and the means to accomplish those goals.
1. Call Marcy Design for all of your marketing needs. All good business decisions begin with choosing the right partner. Your company should enlist the help of a professional marketing firm that is experienced and has a track record in the areas of marketing, advertising and Web development. Marcy Design can help make your company successful through creative and cost effective campaigns.